Thursday, February 28, 2008

Money, Money, Money

Bryce and I have embarked on a new road. A road paved with sweat, tears, laughter, and a lot of ibuprofen. A road named Budget Ave. Yes, we have joined with Dave Ramsey to achieve Financial Peace. I thought that it might be fun to journal through this time, and see how my thoughts and feelings change. And because we have a pack mentality, I know that you want to follow along with me.
We are currently on week 3 of our FPU(Financial Peace University) journey, and I must tell you that it has been harder than we thought that it would be. We knew that we had a few spending "black holes" and they were even more apparent when we sat down to do our budget. What do you mean that we don't have a GI Joe fund? Can't we only spend $30 a month on groceries? Does Elise really go through that many diapers? Can you potty train a one year old?
I am sure that these, and many other questions will be answered in the weeks to come. Stay tuned, this could prove to be very entertaining!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith Gretchen and Bryce. We are also on the "Road to Financial Peace". It is overwhelming at first but as you work through the different steps it becomes more and more feasible. We wish we would have heard this message when we were your age, not at 61!!!