Monday, May 7, 2007

The Haunted

What do you think about ghosts?

Ever since I can remember, I have loved hearing ghost stories. My family used to what Ripley's: Believe it or Not, and I remember being glued to the TV listening to the people tell their tales of haunting and supernatural occurrences. I always thought how cool it would be to stay at the White House in the Lincoln Bedroom, and have something to tell Ripley's.
The closest that I have ever come to an actual sighting was in the house that I just moved out of. It was an older house built in the 1950's. The house would creak and moan as old houses do. One day I came home, and the freezer door was open. Interesting, but nothing supernatural. Then all of the cabinet doors (and the freezer door)in my kitchen would be open. When this started to happen regularly, we began to call our ghost Dennis, and we would greet him when he was up to his antics. I never felt scared, but it is a bit creepy to share your home with someone that you never invited to be there.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

We have your "Dennis" here at my house. We have gotten past the creepiness and are pretty accepting for what it is. But I don't think it will ever get into Ripley's! lol