Sunday, May 13, 2007

Thanks Mom

Mother's day has made me a little sentimental today. This being my first Mother's Day, I have been thinking about the moms that have influenced my life. Allow me to share them with you.

Mom, first I have to thank you for teaching me how to be a good mom. You sacrificed so much for us. You didn't work so that you could be there for us. You came to every play, game, concert, and field trip. You made cupcakes at 10:00 at night because we forgot to tell you that we needed them until the night before. I will be forever grateful that you moved without dad my sophomore year of high school so that I would have an easier time by not having to move more than once. I hope that I can be as good of a support to Elise that you have been for Glynis and me.

Glynis, the role of motherhood looked easy when I watched you. You had great pregnancies, and births, and when Danae was sick, you had such courage and faith. You have always been someone that I admired, and it became stronger when you took on your new role as mother.

Grandma Harris. She was such a strong woman. I would love to think that I have allot of her in me. She never seemed to waver in her faith, and the thing that I will remember the most about her was her generosity. She always was giving something to someone who needed it. I love her and miss her everyday.

Grandma Buhler. We always had fun when we came to your house, and you always took time to play with us. You would take us on walk and pick flowers to press and then make card and bookmarks with them. You would help us to sew something, or make a plate of bubbles at the kitchen table. From you I learned to take time out to play, and that nothing tastes better in church than vitamin C!!

Andrea, you have taught me determination, and organization are key tools to parenting and motherhood. That being a sleep-Nazi really does make for a happy home. The encouragement and advice have been unwavering, and I can not express how much I love you, and am blessed to have you in my life.

I love you all.
Happy Mother's Day

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Well said. And thank you for the kind words. I love you so much and know that you are (and will continue to be) and awesome mom--because we had a lot of great role models. Happy Mommer's Day! I love you.

loonyhiker said...

What a lovely post! I know so many people are glad that you are in their lives too. I can tell that you are a great mother too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful sentiments for those you admire. And welcome to the blogging community.